Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tim Smith Commits to Providence

Express defenseman Tim Smith committed to play hockey at Providence College beginning this fall. Read the article from NAHL.com here: http://www.nahl.com/news/story.cfm?id=969

My take: Congratulations Timmy!! I said this guy was an "absolute stud" and a Division 1 prospect when I profiled him last June, and he didn't disappoint. He was a 1st round draft pick of the Express, and was a fixture in the lineup all season. As much as I would have loved to see him back next season, I figured the odds were slim. Had he not signed a commitment to play in college, he would have likely been on a USHL roster.

Just another in a long line of Division 1 commitments from Coach Cullen and the Express. Good luck out east in the fall, and we're all proud of you. Thanks for giving your all this season, and I can think of no better way to go out than a Central Division Championship and a Robertson Cup appearance. Go get 'em this weekend.

See you at the rink.

--BK

No comments: